Your new Laura Tanner Jewelry is delicate, but with proper care it will last you for years. To ensure this, please take care to read the jewelry care advice below.
- Prevent damage to your jewelry by avoiding exposure to extreme conditions (e.g., high heat, direct sunlight, heavy exercise, etc.).
- Opaque stones (e.g. coral, opal, pearl, mother-of-pearl, turquoise, amber, obsidian, jet, and lapis) are very fragile and should never be worn in or cleaned with water.
- Allow self-tanners, sunscreen, lotion or perfume to dry before putting on jewelry.
- Avoid earring loss or damage by always using our clear rubber stoppers with hook ear wires.
- Keep your delicate jewelry in a special bag, box or drawer (not leather—it causes tarnish) and/or in the tarnish-proof plastic bags we provide.
- Storing one piece per bag will help prevent gemstone or pearls scratches and chain tangles.
- Clean your silver, gold-filled, vermeil or gold jewelry safely with a solution of 1 cup warm water and 1 Tbs. mild liquid soap and gently rub with a soft cloth or a very soft toothbrush.
- To polish silver pieces with delicate stones or pearls, use a damp cloth or a Sunshine®polishing cloth.
- Clean oxidized (blackened) silver jewelry with a damp cloth to preserve its finish. Liquid tarnish removers or jewelry cleaners are not recommended.