After 13 years in business, Laura Tanner Jewelry will be closing its doors on September 1, 2019. See the Blog
for more information, and our Events
page for LTJ Studio Sale information. All jewelry is on sale online for 50-60% Off and at the studio for 50-75% Off through July 31, 2019. Thank you!
Our founder and designer Laura Tanner Swinand discovered her love for making jewelry at the young age of 13 and found her way back to it in her mid-30s. After taking courses in metalsmithing and enameling, she was bitten by the jewelry-making bug and even had some early success selling her designs to local boutiques in her hometown of Santa Barbara, CA.
College and grad school led her down a more academic path, and, after earning bachelor's and master's degrees in art history, she worked in museum education for several years. In her spare time, she started designing jewelry again, and she realized that she loved making beautiful things as much as she did writing about them. Laura Tanner Jewelry is based just outside Chicago in beautiful Evanston, IL, where Laura also lives with her family and a small menagerie. Laura Tanner Jewelry is dedicated to quality, artistry, green practices, community engagement, and keeping production based in the U.S.A.
Laura is drawn to the meditative, tactile, and often unpredictable process of creating jewelry, as well as to the innate natural beauty and subtle imperfections found in the gemstones and metals with which she crafts her designs.The LTJ look is marked by the combination of exquisite gemstone beads with precious metals to create sophisticated, versatile jewelry that is at once contemporary and timeless. The beauty of our jewelry is that you can mix, match or layer pieces together, and thus over time build a coordinated collection of LTJ that suits your own personal style.
We Are Made in the USA
- All jewelry is handmade in the Laura Tanner Jewelry Studio by our team of skilled artisans in collaboration with and/or under the direct supervision of designer Laura Tanner Swinand.
- Most gemstones and raw materials are either made in the U.S. or purchased from U.S.-based suppliers whenever possible.
- Most packaging supplies are made in the U.S.A.
- All printing is done locally and/or by an environmentally friendly printer.
We Are Green
- All metal scraps are saved and sent to our supplier to be recycled.
- Our main supplier of raw materials is entirely powered by solar energy.
- Our gift boxes and bags are made from recycled content.
- All paper waste in the studio is recycled, and food waste is composted.
We Are Community
- Most retail partners are small businesses or non-profits (boutiques, gift stores, schools, museum shops, arts organizations, etc.) that offer unique shopping opportunities for local residents.
- We are committed to supporting charitable organizations whose efforts benefit women, children, and the disabled. Each year, we contribute jewelry to auctions, raffles, and sponsor or host fundraising events, benefitting non-profits in education, medical research, libraries, and more.
WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING
Here are just a few quotes we love from our satisfied clients:
"I LOVE LOVE LOVE the pieces. Each piece (of jewelry) is so beautiful and just seems to be made with such love and care. My deepest thanks and appreciation." - Betsy, Evanston, IL
"Jewelry designer Laura Tanner Swinand creates delicately striking handmade jewelry. Each earring, necklace, and bracelet is so smartly designed, you can sport 'em by day or bedazzle by night. Plus, Laura is out-and-out fantastic to work with." - Leah, San Diego, CA
"I bought my daughters beautiful earrings and necklaces from Laura. She helped me custom design one necklace for my daughter and she loved it! She has beautiful designs and great quality." - Lorraine, Wilmette, IL
For more information, check out our product and site reviews from happy customers. We adore feedback from our customers and want to know what you think about our designs. Please contact us
or leave a review about your favorite Laura Tanner Jewelry pieces. Thank you!